Top 5 Reasons Why Video for the Web Means ROI

With nearly 85% of US Internet users watching an average 146 videos on the web in Mar, video for the web can provide strong ROI. Top 5 reasons provided.

Video for the web is familiar to most who own a computer with Internet access . Online video is all the rage, fuelled in large part by the huge popularity of social media and in part by broadband ubiquity. Statistics such as 400 million Facebook fans sharing 5 billion pieces of content shared each week accentuate this. Video for the web provides affordable opportunities to promote businesses online while realizing ROI.

Video for the web can help grow sales while increasing marketing ROI
Video for the web can help grow sales while increasing marketing ROI

Here are the Top 5 Reasons why Video for the Web means ROI

1. Consumption of video for the web is on the rise. In fact, according to Comscore ( Video Metrix service, U.S. Internet users watched 31.2 billion videos in March, where nearly 85% of the total US Internet audience viewed videos on the Web. Just for fun, let’s do some math. According to Internet World Stats ( ), there the US Internet audience is currently 248.2 million users , so 85% of the US Internet audience equates to 210.9 million, which means, on average, US Internet users watched 148 videos on the web. For your demographic, the numbers maybe higher.

2. Video for the Web builds users engagement because, lets face it, us humans are visual creatures who crave interactivity. That is why television remains an incredibly popular medium for both consumers and advertisers. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then what is a video worth? Communication models exist that say only 7% of what is communicated is through words, the remaining 93% comes from things like appearance, body language, voice volume, voice pitch, facial expressions. All these communication components are supported in video, thereby increasing user engagement while strengthening the communications and messaging

3. Videos for the web can go viral as you know if you are one of the 400 million Facebook users. Not a day goes by where at least one (usually many) of my Facebook friends share an online video that they found of interest. Sharing a video on the web is as easly as cutting and pasting a link into your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn (insert your favourite social network here …) profile page and pressing the share button. If your video is of interest to your social network, it is very easy for them to share with their friends, who can easily share with their friends. This is how popular videos can accumulate thousands or even tens of thousands of views overnight, though thousands of views overnight is definitely the exception and not the rule.

4. Video for the web can establish and reinforce your brand especially if you are small services business, independent consultant or sole proprietorship where often times, the individual is the brand or at least a key component of the overall brand. Large companies use online video to reinforce brands promoted through other channels such as TV. A recent example is the commercial where “The Big Deal” negotiates a $65 room rate right after the snooty desk manager informs William Shatner, we on’t go lower than $130.

Within 10 minutes of seeing the Pricesline video for the Web on YouTube, I saw the same video on network TV, both instances for the first time and within minutes of each other. Talk about using video for the Web to establish and reinforce a brand. Way to go Priceline and Ocean Media, The AOR (Agency of Record) for

5. Video for the Web is affordable and therefore, within reach of most businesses, especially for those businesses that already have video assets that can easily be brought online. For a lot less than $1000, a small business can buy the equipment to shoot their own video and upload online. A key point to consider is time and money as not all businesses have in-house capability to direct, shoot, produce and promote online video, but as you can imagine, there are a number of choices in these areas for business to outsource online video production for less than most would think.

There are numerous other benefits of using video for the web to promote your business such as search engine visibility and ranking, online video ads and potential to syndication of video content across many channels (reach) or vertical search engines (contextual targeting) to name a few. Isn’t it time you gave your brand a boost by launching your online video?


Rick Noel is an experienced digital marketer enabling businesses and organizations to grow through the Internet, while maximizing marketing ROI (Return On Investment). Rick is the CEO and Co-Founder of eBiz ROI, Inc., a full-service digital marketing agency located in Ballston Lake, NY.

Tagged with: , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *