Online Video Marketing to Drive ROI
How to Upgrade Your Content Marketing Strategy with Video
The following webinar Maximizing The Value of Online Marketing with Videos presents some interesting and compelling reasons to include online videos in your content marketing strategy.
3 Compelling Reasons to Consider Online Video Marketing
Why do businesses and organizations use videos to market online?
- Drive targeted, relevant traffic to their website,
- Increase visitor time on site,
- Use video content to sell
According to the presenter, Stuart Patterson of RAMP, a company focused on helping marketers get more ROI from their video content, the following impacts where realized by RAMP platform clients.
What’s the Impact of Online Video Marketing?
Stuart shares some results from the RAMP customers. The following online video marketing impact claim were made:
- 320% increase in unique visitors,
- 40% increase in the average time on site,
- A factor of 10x increase in CTR (Click Through Rates)
As you can imagine, these kind of stats will peak the interest of even the most video-skeptical content marketers. These kinds of impacts are hard to ignore.
How Does Online Video Marketing Enhance Search?
Online Video enhances search through:
- Transcriptions & tagging,
Online Video Marketing Search and Discovery in Action
The example below is from the People’s Choice Awards, a current RAMP customer. Note the video search capability, karaoke style transcript below the video and the related video content on the right side bar.
In terms of leveraging metadata in connecting the video content with search demand, the following are relevant:
How Do You Measure Your Online Video Marketing ROI?
How you measure online video ROI often depends on where your sit within a business or organization. If you are focused on building audience and traffic to your website through video content, then ROI might be measured in terms of increasing the # of unique visitors to the website.
If you are focused on increasing visitor engagement, the ROI for online video might be measured by increased time on site. This could also be driven by content that surrounds online videos and specialized controls built into the video player.
For e-commerce providers using video to sell products or services, ROI might be measured in terms of actual sales that are attributed to the video content. ROI will be different based on the business drivers for including video in a content marketing strategy.
Delight and Engage Your Online Video Viewers
Engage users by creating the ultimate viewer experience. This can be accomplished by surrounding the video with related, relevant content to enrich the viewing experience while keeping viewers engaged on longer.
Successful business and organizations are currently leveraging video to drive targeted traffic to their websites, enhance visitor engagement to increase time on site and creating premium, context based ad inventory to increase value of impressions.
Video delivery platforms such as RAMP can assist in helping content marketers get more value and ROI from the online video marketing assets.
The good news is that there is less competition in online video marketing as compared with non video based content marketing.
The Maximizing the Value of Online Marketing Video Webinar was moderated by
General Manager & Editorial Director
Simpler Media Group, CMSWire
- Tom has written extensively about technology and business for more than three decades and has helped build some of the top online media companies, including MarketWatch, Red Herring and Bloomberg News.
- Author of “Web Rules: How the Internet is Changing the Way Consumers Make Choices“
About CMSWire, The Webinar Host
- Founded in 2003
- 100+ monthly contributors
- Key Services:
- 300+ articles per month
- Monthly editorial themes
- Monthly Tweet Jams, Hangouts, Webinars
- Interviews & Discussion Points
- 4 Primary Topic Areas:
- Customer Experience, Digital Marketing
- Social Business, Enterprise Collaboration
- Enterprise Information Management
- SharePoint, Office 365 & the Ecosystem
The Webinar also features
President and COO of RAMP
- Led and advised the leaders of early/mid stage ventures in a variety of markets, including multimedia and video services, mobile apps and advertising, online/Internet apps, telephony services, VoIP, Speech Recognition and synthesis, biometrics, identity management, RFID, natural antimicrobials, solar energy and energy efficiency.
- As CEO, Board of Director or executive coach, Stu has managed or supported the funding, growth strategies, and in many cases, restructuring or sale of Springpad, Xtone, Gemvara, Nexamp, eQuilibrium (acquired by EnerNOC), Agion (now Sciessent), Courion, Scansoft (now Nuance), SpeechWorks (IPO), Voxware (IPO) and Vicorp (acquired by Precision Systems).
- As SpeechWorks CEO, Stu was recognized as a Top-Ten Leader in Speech, a finalist in the E&Y Entrepreneur of the Year competition and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer. He holds a BA from Harvard College and an MBA from the Yale School of Management.
Additional Online Video Marketing Resources:
- Why online video is the future of content marketing (The Guardian 14-Jan-2014)
- Online Video Marketing Consultant/Consulting/Experts/Services (YouTube 18-Jan-2014)
- Who else wants 7 extremely useful online video marketing tools? (Razor Social – 2014)
- 73% of Consumers More Likely to Make a Purchase After Watching a Video [Report] (ReelSEO, Mar 13, 2014)
- 5 Viral Marketing Lessons Learned From The Most-Shared Videos Online (Forbes, Apr 3, 2104)
- The Power of Video for Businesses [Infographic] : MarketingProfs Article (MarketingProfs, March 14, 2014)
- 96% of consumers find video useful when buying online (eConsultancy, Mar 17, 2014)