What Makes Facebook Advertising So Compelling?
In part, because Facebook Ads understand our context, in a way that is hard for even Google to understand. The Facebook ad examples below may have 0 relevance to you but to a digital marketer and small business owner like myself, the ads are right on point.
Characteristics of Facebook Ads that Make them Irresistible
There are several things about Facebook ads that create a compelling advertising medium:
- Cross platform targeting the same audience and users across platforms, from smartphones to tablets to desktop
- Global reach with an addressable audience that is larger than radio or TV or any other media channel
- Targeting options to target ads with laser precision based on location, age, gender, interests and likes
- Low entry with small minimum spend for Facebook advertising is just $1 per day. That’s less than the cost of business cards at a networking event!
- Lowest cost per 1,000 impressions averaging around $0.25 per 1,000, which is only 1% of the cost of TV. The only impressions available at that rate is untargeted remnant display inventory.
These are just a few reasons making Facebook a phenomenal advertising opportunity for businesses of all kinds. Facebook ads can help established brands while building awareness and creating demand among target audiences.
With Facebook, it’s Never Been More Affordable to Reach 1000 People
Much of the chatter among small business owners has been how Facebook has screwed the small business by making them pay to reach the audiences they have worked so hard to build.
If you can put that point aside and evaluate Facebook relative to the other popular channels to reach prospective new customers, by comparison, Facebook advertising is a bargain and clear leader in terms of reach/$ invested.
Facebook Advertising Creative and Copy Specifications
Hopefully by now you are at least considering running a test Facebook advertising campaign. The first thing that you will need to get started is to develop your Facebook advertising creative and copy. Here are some specifications to help you get started with your creative and ad copy.
Facebook Fast Facts
In case you need more convincing or are perhaps thinking of sending that Facebook test campaign to the back burner, consider this:
- Facebook has over 1.9 billion active users
- On average, Americans “Like” 70 business pages
- Facebook Page Post visibility algorithm has changed, causing decrease in organic reach (avg. -44% visibility)
- Average cost of a page like is $0.64 in the U.S.
- Ad campaigns that rotate creatives gain 60% higher CTRs (Click Through Rates) and 70% lower costs per fan
- Ads with highly-targeted, custom audiences generate 387% greater conversion rates
Getting Started with Your First Facebook Campaign
Facebook ads have great targeting capabilities and require very little commitment to get started. Unlike the past digital advertising opportunities, there are no 30 day insertion orders with a 5 day out clause!
Facebook ads are unbelievably affordable starting at as little as $1/day vs. $5000/month minimum of many full service ad networks. Well, what are you waiting for?