Internet Marketing Resources
Search Engine Optimization Resources
- Bruce Clay – Specializing in Internet Marketing, Search Engine Optimization SEO providing business consulting services, tools and training. Bruce Clay is a pioneer of the wolrd-renown SEO and well respected in the industry.
- SEO Book – Provides SEO Software and information through free and paid membership subscriptions. SEO resources including articles, software and training developed under the direction of Aaron Wall, a long-time though leader in the SEO industry.
- SEOMoz.org – Search Engine Optimization, Tools and Software to help you rank better
- 2011 Search Engine Ranking Factors includes results and analysis from a data set combined along side results from surveying top SEO industry experts. This study is the most comprehensive study on SEO ranking factors publishedand is updated by SEOMoz every 2 years, with SEO industry anxiously waiting for the 2003 update.
- Google for Webmasters Video with running time of about 23 minutes.
- Search Engine Watch – Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Paid Search Advertising (PPC) & Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Search Engine Watch (#SEW).
- Search Engine Land with must read niews about Search Marketing and Search Engines.
Tools to Check Your Backlinks
The following tools are used by eBiz ROI, Inc. to check and report on website backlink profiles for optimized websites. Backlinks are by far the single biggest factor in getting your site to the top of the search engines (e.g. Google, Bing).
- SEOMoz Open Site Explorer (online backlink checking tool – includes free and paid versions),
- Majestic SEO (online backlink checking tool – includes free and paid versions),
- Ahref (online backlink checking tool – includes free and paid versions),
- SEO Spyglass – Java-based system that runs on PC/MAC/Linux (includes free and paid versions),
There are probably many other backlink checking tools in the market, but the list above has service eBiz ROI and its clients well over the years, alleviating the need to look beyond this toolset at the present time.
Link Building Resources – Execellent Ideas from the Experts on How to Get Backlinks to your Website
- How to Build Links Fast: 101 Tips and Strategies(SEOBook.com),
- Link Building Stategies – The Complete List(PointblankSEO.com),
- CommentLuv Enabled Blog List (www.trafficgenerationcafe.com),
- Growing Links & Popularity (From SEOmoz SEO Beginner’s Guide),
- Link Building Blog Posts on SEOmoz,
- Webinar on Link Building Strategies,
- Link Building Presentations on slideshare.net,
- The Science of Retweets from Dan Zarrella,
- The Noob Guide to Link Building from Mike King,
- 1000s of Link Building Tactics from the SEOmoz Blog.
Internet Marketing Forums
The following forums are great places to learn about the industry and to ask questions of the moderators, community leaders and membership (peers). The forums provide a great vitural Internet marketing resource and body of knowledge with extensive post archives.
- Warrior Forum – Internet marketing
- WebPro World Forum – eBusiness professionals
- Sitepoint Forum – Internet technogies and marketing
- Experienced People – Buying and selling of websites, blogs and Internet businesses
WARNING – Spammers need not apply! Internet marketers also need to tread carefully here. While these forums allow members to include links in their posts, often after a minimum number of posts, most of these Internet industry forums focus on quality and have a zero tolerance for obvious, self-promotion SPAM posts, which if spotted, can result in being banned from these forums.
SEO Industry Thought Leaders
This section of Internet marketing resources is dedicated to some of the top SEO Industry though leaders. These are the people whose writings are followed by many in the SEO industry.
- SEO Roundtable – Barry Schwartz
- SEO by the Sea – Bill Slawski – writes on Google patents and interprets SEO impacts
- Danny Sullivan – editor-in-chief of Search Engine Land. He’s a widely cited authority on search engines and search marketing issues who has covered the space since 1996.
Local SEO Experts
- David Mihm – Local Search Marketing Expert
- Andrew Shortland – Local Search Engine Optimization Consultant
- Mike Blumenthal – Understanding Google Places & Local Search – Developing Knowledge about Local Search
URL Shortners – Resources
- Owl.li Is Ranking Above My Own Page! What To Do? Whooo To Blame? – SEOMoz, July 18th, 2012 – Posted by Dan of evolvingSEO
- Wikipedia article on URL shortening
- URL Shorteners: Which Shortening Service Should You Use?(4 Apr 2009 – Danny Sullivan, Search Engine Land)
Local Business Resources
- Burnt Hills NY.com Bursiness directory designed for the people and businesses of Saratoga and the Capital District Region, Upstate NY and surrounding areas.
Directories to Submit your Site To:
Trusted Web Hosting Through Bluehost
- bluehost afforable web hosting used to host eBiz ROI, Inc. and client websites