Cyber Monday Reports Optimism Online
Recent reports from CBS News, Shop.org and Coremetrics on 2009 online holiday shopping, including Black Friday and Cyber Monday, demonstrate consumer enthusiasm and optimism for the online shopping experience.
Recent reports for 2009 online holiday shopping, including Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2009 results, show consumer enthusiasm for the online buying experience.
Specific reports include:
- Black Friday 2009 – Online shoppers spent $595 million, up 11% from last year – Source: CBS News
- 96.5 million Americans plan to shop online for the 2009 holiday shopping season, up from 85 million last year, an increase of 13.5% – Source: Shop.org
- Online orders for Cyber Monday 2009 were reported by Coremetrics to be up 13.7% over Cyber Monday 2009 spending
- Cyber Monday 2009 expected to bring in more than $900M in online sales – Source: CBS News
- One in 10 or 10% of 2009 holiday purchases will be made online – Source CBS News
- Cyber Monday 2009 – 87.1% of retailers offering deals online – Source: CBS News
With the price of gas and the stress of fighting the crowds in the parking lots and stores of malls and massive shopping centers, is it any wonder that many consumers, especially if given an incentive, would seek a more positive and rewarding shopping experience online?
For a video perspective, check out the CBS News Cyber Monday Report on YouTube.
Happy Holiday shopping to all – whether online or otherwise!